Vice Admiral HCS Bisht, AVSM
Indian Coast Guard
1. Vice Admiral HCS Bisht is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy Khadakvasla, Pune and the Naval Academy, Kochi. He was commissioned in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer on 01 Jul 1979.
2. The Flag Officer is a graduate of the 1992 batch of the Royal Naval Staff College, Greenwich (UK). He also attended the Naval Higher Command Course at the College of Naval Warfare, Karanja, Mumbai in 2001 and completed the 47th NDC course at New Delhi in 2007.
3. He has done a number of important afloat, training and staff appointments. His important afloat appointments include Executive Officer of the ASW Corvette Ajay, Cdr Work Up in the Indian Naval Work Up Team at Kochi and Fleet Gunnery Officer of the Eastern Fleet at Visakhapatnam. He commissioned the Missile Corvette INS Kora as the Commanding Officer and has also commanded the Stealth Frigate, INS Tabar.
4. His important Training/ Staff appointments include Training Commander INS Dronacharya at Kochi, Deputy Director Naval Plans and Naval Assistant to the Vice Chief of the Naval Staff at IHQ, MoD (N) in the rank of Commander and thereafter as Director Naval Intelligence in the rank of Captain at IHQ, MoD (N). He has also been the DA at the High Commission of India, Singapore.
5. He was promoted to Flag rank on 28 Jan 2008 and took over the appointment of Assistant Controller of Carrier Projects at IHQ, MoD (N). His further Flag rank appointments include Chief of Staff, Southern Naval Command and Flag Officer Sea Training at Kochi, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, at Visakhapatnam and Asst Chief of Personnel (HRD) at IHQ, MoD (N).
6. He was promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral on 01 Sep 12 and took over the appointment of the Controller Personnel Services (CPS) at IHQ, MoD (N). The Flag Officer has assumed the appointment of the Director General of Indian Coast Guard (DGICG) on 01 Feb 15.
7. Vice Admiral and Mrs Bisht have two daughters.
© 2008 Indian Coast Guard , Ministry Of Defence, Government Of India